- This is an instruction how to create the perfect landing page using standard Solution Manager tools together with SSM_CUST parameter SESS_URL. (Read Full Article)
- Data processing via model objects ofers great benefits like loose decoupling from frontend. This demo is about having delayed bundled updates via the update task that runs in a single SAP LUW. (Read Full Article)
A long time ago when I first started blogging on SDN, I used to write frequently in the style of a developer journal. My goal with this series of blog postings is to return to that style but with a new focus on a journey to explore the new and exciting world of SAP HANA.(Read Full Article)
Each year NRF offers fresh opportunities into the future. Coming off a solid Holiday Season, there is a sense that now is the time for retailers to make headways in putting the consumer in the center of your plans and programs, but first you need to tackle the increasing granularity of retail data -- the Big Data challenge driven by trends in mobility, social networks, in an omnichannel world.(Read Full Article)
This ASUG webcast described how to build a Business Objects universe on SAP Hana and covered the benefits and best practices of connecting to SAP HANA with BI/BusinessObjects.(Read Full Article)
There are several red flags that you should be on the look out for to ensure that you have the best SAP consulting resources and ones that you can trust.
It has really struck home how important it is to trust the people that you are working with especially if you don’t have that expertise yourself. It's very common on most SAP projects for customers to use SAP consulting resources to assist them with their implementation or scope of work and I think trust is an underrated dynamic that plays a big part in the overall success. Trust needs to be earned over time and here are some signs that should give you some second thoughts if you see them happening with any of your consulting resources.
(Read Full Article)
- SAP has developed an alternative to the Enterprise Portal that can be used with HCM applications. The Netweaver Business Client offers a desktop client that includes the ability to host classic and Web dynpros, Business Server Pages and portal integration with role-based access. With the release of the latest Enhancement Packs, new roles have been developed for use with SAP Human Capital Management applications. (Read Full Article)
- Understanding what will be the present and the future of Talent Management and build the next generation of applications in that space, is a combination of SAP experience in the Human Resources market, where SAP has been leader for years, a deep understanding of trends and the competitors landscape and Co-Innovation with SAP customers -- a program which is unique in the industry. (Read Full Article)
- Going into 2012, the buzz has been on cloud computing, so don’t get caught on the wrong foot trying to play catch up. SAP TechEd is already leading the way with educational sessions focused on cloud computing and virtualisation technologies. A number of lectures are now available for you from SAP TechEd 2011 free of charge, where you can learn about implementing cloud infrastructures and virtualization technologies into your SAP environment: (Read Full Article)
- ABAP Objects is often accused for complicating things and slow performance. This blog contains a design and performance benchmark of select, form, static method, and instance method. (Read Full Article)
- Local or Remote? Integrated or Stand-alone? Those are the questions when it comes to deploying NetWeaver Gateway. This blog proposes one answer. However the real answer is "it depends". (Read Full Article)
- Why is developing in ABAP-OO so often perceived as being incompatible with high performance? Are there hard facts behind this belief, or is it just a convenient truth? (Read Full Article)
In this blog I describe, how you can publish content from the SAP Netweaver AS ABAP to the internet using a RSS feed. As an example I will use the iGoogle portal. Keywords: ABAP, iGoogle, RSS 2.0, simple transformation, HTTP, ICF, XML, Web 2.0, portal, internet intranet.(Read Full Article)